Where you spend your time each day and night should be a place you love spending time in. But so often people will wait until they own a home to decorate. So here are some five easy ways to give your rental a great look without upsetting your land lord:
- With the help of a YouTube video it’s pretty easy to switch out your overhead lighting. This can make a huge difference! When it’s time to move just reinstall the old lighting fixtures and take the new fixtures with you.
2. Although painting the walls is often prohibited, many companies make removable wallpaper. Just adding it to one accent wall can make a big difference.
3. Purchase furniture that is versatile. A chest, console, armoire, or bookcase can be used in an entryway, a bedroom, or even a dining room.
4. Renters are often afraid of putting too many holes in the walls to hang art. Although a little wall spackle and touch up paint can correct this problem, large scale art and mirrors can just lean against the wall – a great solution!
5. Lastly, window treatments. My favorite inexpensive window treatments are rings with clips. This makes any fabric (a table cloth, twin sheet, canvas drop cloth) a window treatment. Just keep it neutral, prints can look too distracting from the outside.
Hopefully these tips will make your rental a place you can truly call home!